Opening on July 24 for their 2015 season, Kraay Family Farm invites you to join them for fun-filled days for everyone in your family!
Home to Alberta’s premier corn maze, Kraay Family Farm offers over 40 attractions and amenities in addition to the world-famous corn maze. Some of their attractions include: mini golf, play areas, jumping pillows, and gemstone mining. Closer to the end of the season, the also offer a corn blaster and pumpkin cannon.
When Kraay Family Farms isn’t open to the public, this farm is still busy. The Kraay has been farming in Alberta for about 30 years and have been inviting the public to join them at the farm for the last 15 years. The Kraay’s started the Lacombe Corn Maze with friends, but when their son and daughter-in-law wanted to move home, the friends parted ways and the corn maze was started new for the sixth season. The maze is now in its 15th season.
Some facts about the Lacombe Corn Maze:
- Every season, the corn maze has a different design
- The maze is a whopping 15 acres!
- It takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete the entire maze, but you can take a break at each phase if needed
- You can enter the maze during the day and at night – remember to bring your flashlight!
- There are various games you can play throughout the maze to keep things interesting
- There are three lookout bridges spread throughout the maze
Because this is an operating farm, you can take the opportunity to meet the current animal residents of the farm as well. Cows, chickens, goats, pigs, and many others are waiting for you to come to get to know them and to get to know you!
Groups are always welcome, but be sure to call ahead first. Schools are also welcome to come to the farm during May and June. Students can spend time visiting the new baby animals and see the pumpkin and corn plants at their early growing stages. They are welcome to use any of the attractions as well.