Are you and your family looking for something new to do on the weekend? Why not head out and experience some of the following activities?
Want to learn more about local culture through unique experiences? Check out some of these great attractions!
From gardens to homes and even a Viking ship, the Danish Canadian National Museum has lots of great information packed into a unique museum setting.
- See Pioneer homes and churches
- Visit the Children’s Garden of Imagination
- Check out over 5,000 artifacts in the Museum collection
Icelandic pioneers established Markerville in 1888. Since then, Markerville has taken steps to preserve and pay tribute to their hard work and energy.
- Take a guided tour of the Creamery Museum
- Head out on a walking tour of the hamlet
- Grab a bite to eat or enjoy some ice cream in the Creamery courtyard
Visit the home of the Rocky Mountains poet, Stephan G. Stephansson. Restored to its 1927 appearance, the Stephansson House offers a glimpse at the life of this Icelandic poet-pioneer (pictured at the top of the page).
- Enjoy a guided tour or partake in one of the interpretive programs
Experience Central Alberta history and culture along the Scandinavian Trail today!
Lacombe Regional Tourism
Enjoy the attractions, culture and events that make the Lacombe region unique and find your way to new experiences and memories close to home.
The Flatiron building is the first of two flatirons to have been built in Alberta. It was built in 1904 and has had multiple uses over the years.
- Check out didactic displays illustrating aspects significant to the history of Lacombe
- Current Exhibit: I ♥Main Street – featuring archival photographs from the Lacombe & District Historical Society’s collection depicting scenes in early Lacombe from 1900 to 1940
Billyco Junction B & B offers a peaceful retreat for visitors. Here you and your family can absorb the outdoors, the sounds, and experience the beautiful land and sky.
- Enjoy homemade jams and honey for a delicious breakfast experience
- Enjoy a refreshing panoramic view of the trees and gardens from the Honeyberry Suite
- Experience all that Billyco Junction has to offer
At Flying Cross Ranch we believe that learning should be fun! That is why we strive to provide an enriching atmosphere where kids and adults can build confidence and learn new skills, while having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- Take part in a variety of programs for all ages and experiences, with lessons in a variety of disciplines
- The ranch can assist you with hosting numerous types of events such as weddings, corporate team building, fundraisers, and more!
An Ammonite Manufacturing facility where you will see it go from raw material to finished stone.
- Check out their fossil prep room where they can fully finish fossils
- View the many different shapes and colors of stones
- Take a beginning silversmith class!
There are so many great things to see and do in Lacombe Region – head out and discover something new today!