Summer may be almost over, but many people are still trying to find ways to keep active with their friends and family. Well, Red Deer is full of options! From recreational facilities to upcoming events, you are sure to find just what you are looking for. Spartan Race September 12th, 2015 Known as the “World’s Best Obstacle Race. Period.”
Summer may be almost over, but many people are still trying to find ways to keep active with their friends and family. Well, Red Deer is full of options! From recreational facilities to upcoming events, you are sure to find just what you are looking for.
Here’s the Spartan events you can look forward to in Red Deer:
- Sprint – 5+ km
- Super – 15+ km
- Spartan Junior Race – for kids and young adults
Each course is filled with mud, water, and obstacles designed to help athletes discover their inner Spartan. Individuals of all fitness levels will enjoy participating in this race and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with crossing the finish line.
Not sure you’re ready to run the race? Don’t worry! The organizers of the Spartan Race offer everything you need to get ready: guided workouts-of-the-day, nutrition tips for better eating, and free workout available in the cities where the races are being held.
Unlike any other obstacle races, Spartan Races offer something for everyone. Sign up and find out why they say “You’ll know at the finish line”!
Play all day at the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
Parents can make history fun when they visit the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum! The museum provides a family-friendly interactive experience for everyone. You will be surprised what you find inside!
Some of the interactive experiences include:
- Play virtual sports such as basketball, baseball, soccer, football, and hockey.
- Test your upper body strength on the 200m wheelchair race.
- Master your rock climbing skills on the Mount Everest Treadwall.
- Learn the art of sports broadcasting in the Hall of Fame Gallery.
With so many options, you are bound to win parent of the year!
Let your inner child out
Where can you find a wave pool, lazy river, and a twisty curvy waterslide all in one place? At the Collicutt Centre!
Come and experience this wonderful waterpark! Kids of all ages will enjoy spending the day floating along the lazy river, catching the next wave in the wave pool, careening down the twisty 68-metre water slide, and more!
And while the centre is home to this wonderful experience, there are many other amenities for families and individuals to enjoy, such as:
- Red Deer’s only climbing facility featuring two climbing walls and a bouldering structure
- NHL-size arena with 5 change rooms, an official’s room, and seating for 250
- The ATCO Power Pit, featuring 20 stationary spin bikes for an outstanding workout
- Two professional-size soccer fields to practice your kicks
- Golf and batting cages to perfect your swing
- And more!
It will be easy to spend a day getting lost in this central hub for all things active.