There are a ton of awesome things to look forward to this Spring in Red Deer. We’re excited to share this list of six things to do in Red Deer and Central Alberta this Springtime. Get out and enjoy the warmer weather…once it’s finally here to stay.
1. Get outside and enjoy the great outdoors! Take advantage of Red Deer’s trail system, hit the driving range at one of the area’s beautiful golf courses, plan a trip to Discovery Wildlife Park in May or relax on a patio at one of Red Deer’s fantastic restaurants. Whatever it is you like to do, get outside and enjoy!
2. Start planning for some amazing summer camping trips. There are ample amounts of camping destinations within a short drive of Red Deer. Whether you’re from out of town taking a trip across Alberta or live in Red Deer and looking to escape the city for the weekend – Red Deer has the spot to suite your camping, RVing and B&Bing needs.
3. Gather your family for some Easter fun. There’s plenty of opportunities for Easter fun this Spring in Red Deer. The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum hosts a Family Night Easter Egg Hunt and Heritage Ranch offers both an Easter Egg Hunt and a Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt. Keep the good times rolling and enjoy all three!
4. Train for a marathon, half marathon or 10km run. Prepare yourself to face a challenge May 17th as the 17th annual Woody’s RV World Marathon takes place along Red Deer’s beautiful river. So what are you waiting for? Start training now for Alberta’s River Run – you can do!
5. Doesn’t enjoying events in the Springtime feel that much better? Something about the extra daylight. Some events to look forward to this Spring in Red Deer are the Harlem Globetrotters at Westerner Park, Margaret Atwood at Red Deer College and the Artiques Roadshow at Parkland Mall to name a few. If none of those pique your interest, take a look at our complete list of Red Deer events.
6. Spring not only welcomes warmer weather, it also signifies that it’s playoff time! Red Deer is excited to host Canada’s National Female Midget Championship in late April. Learn more about the Esso Cup and then grab your seats as teams from across Canada vie to be national champions at the Red Deer Arena.